General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Search function broken

I think your scarch function under "All Films" is currently broken. My Browser is "Iceweasel" Firefox 10.0.2 on Linux.

If I enter a search query and press enter it correctly updates the number after "Total:" to the number of matching films, but doesn't actually list any movies on the space below. This was when I tried it last. When I try now it constantly lists only one movie: "The Tunnel" (search query was "well", should have listed "The Well of thousand words", says "Total: 5" on top).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Create a progress bar that shows how close your movie is to being published.

Once you upload a movie, there's no telling how long it will be till it goes live. I've done a couple projects where people have been turned off by the wait. It would be nice to have some kind of progress bar, or "estimated live date" to show people to assure them we are in the cue.

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • to be able to see the full title in the list

on the list http://vo.do/film/allfilms i cannot see the title such as the film "A GRAIN OF..." A grain of what? Could we have a hover-over text?

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Public, Personal, User Created Charts

VODO already has a lot hidden gems. Unfortunately they very often get lost between "crappy" movies or because of being too "specific" and therefore non-popular. VODO's mixtapes are a great thing to cope with this issue, but here's another suggestion:

Allow users to create their own, personal but public charts in their dashboard.

Then, for one thing beneath each movie show a few other users and their charts who added this movie on a high place to their charts.

For another thing compare users' charts and suggest movies which you do not have in your chart but which another user…

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We now have the Spotlight programme to help highlight recommended content from the catalogue. Currently these are announced with every Spotlight release, but we will shortly be identifying all Spotlight films and then treating their promotion as a separate, event-based process. User charts is a good idea and something we will consider for VODO 3.0, currently in development.

• Error trying to register

Traceback (most recent call last):
            File "/srv/venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 656, in respond
            response.body = self.handler()
            File "/srv/venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 34, in __call__
            return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
            File "<string>", line 3, in send
            File "/srv/venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/turbogears/controllers.py", line 360, in expose
            *args, **kw)
            File "<generated code>", line 0, in run_with_transaction
            File "/srv/venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/turbogears/database.py", line 444, in so_rwt
            retval = func(*args, **kw)
            File "<generated code>", line 0, in _expose
            File "/srv/venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/turbogears/controllers.py", line 389, in <lambda>
            fragment, options, args, kw)))
            File "/srv/venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/turbogears/controllers.py", line 425, in _execute_func
            output = errorhandling.try_call(func, *args, **kw)
            File "/srv/venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/turbogears/errorhandling.py", line 83, in try_call
            return func(self, *args, **kw)
            File "/srv/vodo-net/vodo_net/controllers/register.py", line 174, in send
            return self.send_inner(*args,…

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Use x264/MKV to compress the low-res version

Why don't you offer a "low resolution" (by this I mean, just the same resolution as the Xvid version) in x264/MKV? x264 isn't just for HD, it's simply for better compression ratio. It really doesn't make sense to compress the low resolution version with the poorest algorithm since the point of it is precisely to be as compact as possible.

9 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Admin →

We are going to get rid of Xvid shortly and will replace it with x264 or an open codec such as Theora if we can ensure that people will be able to play it without too many problems.

• Create a (new, better) subscription feature

When vodo launched, there was a subscription feature. It would allow me to give $10 (or something like it) a month to vodo, to help you cover your costs and expand and so on.

While what vodo is doing is cool, I didn't sign up, because I was poor at the time, and I guess infrastructure just doesn't inspire the kind of altruism in me that it would take for me to donate that kind of monthly sum.

Before posting this, I checked to see if that was still around, and couldn't find it - it seems I wasn't the…

8 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this. We are looking at offering a much improved subscription service which will probably see the light of day this summer and your comments are really valuable!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base