I suggest you ...

fix the comment editing function

The comment editing function is broken. If I edit a comment after having it submitted by clicking on "edit", all newlines separating paragraphs are gone. If I now manually add those back, they're not going to show up, after submitting the modified comment, i.e. I get one huge, unreadable paragraph of text.

When I now edit it again and try to put <br> between paragraphs, it deletes all text starting from <br>, and I won't even get it back when I edit the message again.

For an example of a comment with lost paragraph separators after editing, see my comment on vodo.net/alpfd .

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    daviddavid shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • daviddavid commented  · 

Hmm, now my fixed comment suddenly shows up. Correctly formatted with paragraph boundaries. Maybe there was a caching issue?

• daviddavid commented  · 

It's even worse than I thought: If I reload the page with the modified comment, my changes don't show up. If I edit the comment again and press submit, it says: "Comment is a duplicate -- not posting". I double-checked that I really pasted my modifications in the right box and pressed the "submit" button below the edited comment, not on the new comment on top.

Feedback and Knowledge Base